Katmai Capital Advisors Ltd (“Katmai”) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy and security of our customer’s information. Katmai collects information about you as a regulatory requirement and to provide you with the best possible service. This policy also covers Katmai’s treatment of any personally identifiable information that Katmai’s business partners share with Katmai.
Customer information security and confidentiality
Katmai takes a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to ensure that customer information is adequately safeguarded. Katmai limits access to your personal information to those employees who need such information in order to conduct our business. Katmai will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties for the purpose of marketing their products or services to you.
How we collect customer information
We collect customer information about you that:
1. We receive on applications to us for our products and services;
2. We receive from processing your accounts with us and the transactions in those accounts, as well as providing services to you;
3. We receive about you from our business partners;
4. We receive about you via the Katmai website (“Site”, “Website”);
5. We receive in response to requests made to third parties about you or to confirm information that you have provided to us.
How we disclose customer information
We may disclose some or all of the customer information we collect about you under the following circumstances:
1. To verify or complete a transaction;
2. To verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as another financial institution;
3. To a third party who performs functions on behalf of Katmai (i.e. a custodian, compliance and accounting service provider, clearing firm, or broker-dealer);
4. To comply with the law, regulations, or a court or government order or request, such as in response to a request from the Financial Services Authority;
5. To inform you of our other products or services;
6. If you or any authorized person on the account gives us oral or written permission to do so;
7. To verify the accuracy of information that you have provided to us.
8. Katmai does not undertake any obligations of non-disclosure or non-use of material received. Accordingly, please do not send any confidential or proprietary material to Katmai
Use of Customer Information
Your information may be used for marketing and internal analysis purposes by Katmai and its directors, officers and agents. We may also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can improve and develop our Site. In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our Site and notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Site. Further, where you have consented, we might also use your information to let you know about products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you.
Customer information about Former Customers
We apply the same privacy and practice to our former customers that we do to our existing customers.
We recognize the importance of maintaining accurate customer information that is provided to you in various forms, including account statements and billing statements. If you ever notice that your information is inaccurate, please contact us. Upon your notification we will correct any inaccuracies.
Privacy Notice Availability & Changes to this policy